May 6, 2021
Virtual Poster Session
May 6, 2021 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Attend the OAND Poster Webinar and find out what Ohio members are doing in research, projects, programs, and future practice/innovation. Given the unprecedented circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, our annual Poster Session will occur online. By joining this free-for-members live event, you will have the opportunity to view the posters and hear from the authors in their own words. Attendees will be asked to vote on the Student Research Award. The event will conclude with a poster- and OAND-themed trivia game while voting results are being tabulated, followed culminating with the announcement of the Student Research Award winner.
At the close of the webinar, the dietetics professional will be able to:
- Explain 1-2 recent research, project, program, or future practice/innovation accomplishments of OAND members.
- State 1-2 opportunities for applying information presented in the posters and by the authors to advance the profession of nutrition and dietetics.
- Compare and contrast the benefits of asynchronous versus synchronous online poster sessions.
7:00 pm Opening Statements
7:05 pm View the Poster Presentations
7:45 pm Vote for Student Research Award
7:50 pm Poster and OAND Trivia
8:00 pm Student Research Winner Announcement
Carrie Hamady, EDD, MS, RD, LD, FAND is the Council on Professional Issues (CPI), Chair Elect and a registered/licensed dietitian in the state of Ohio. She has a Master of Science in Health Promotion and a Doctor of Education in Leadership Studies. She is an associate clinical professor in the department of Public and Allied Health as well as the coordinator of the Food and Nutrition Program and the Director of the Undergraduate Dietetics Program at Bowling Green State University. Her interests are in clinical nutrition, sustainability, food insecurity, innovative teaching techniques in dietetics education, informatics, and the use of programmatic learning outcome. She serves as the Faculty Affiliate on campus for the BGSU Ending Hunger initiative and with the Office of Academic Assessment. She won the award for best innovation in dietetics education at FNCE, the Faculty Excellence Award for Community-Based Teaching at BGSU, the 2018 Ohio and North Central Region of NDEP Outstanding Dietetic Educator Award in the DPD Program category, and the 2020 BGSU Mentoring Excellence Award. She is also the former Chair of the Nutrition Informatics Committee for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Learning Need Codes:
- 9020 Evaluation and application of research
- 9050 Publication, communications of research outcomes
- 1130 Verbal communication skills, presentations
- 4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
- 6.2.4 Disseminates research or performance improvement outcomes to advance knowledge, change practice and enhance effectiveness of services.
- 2.1.4 Uses a variety of media to deliver information
CPE Level: 1
Approved CPE: 1.0
Members - free
Students - free